Southern Fried Catfish. This recipe serves 4 people and should take about 30 minutes to prepare and cook. Please keep in mind that this is a rough outline and you may need to adjust the ingredients and cooking times to suit your specific needs.
- 4 catfish fillets
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Lemon wedges and tartar sauce for serving (optional)
- Place the catfish fillets in a shallow dish and pour the buttermilk over them. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, Cajun seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat until it reaches 375°F (190°C).
- Dip the catfish fillets in the flour mixture, coating them evenly on both sides.
- Carefully place the coated fillets in the hot oil and fry for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the fried catfish from the oil and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve the catfish hot, with lemon wedges and tartar sauce on the side if desired.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for Southern Fried Catfish! This dish is a classic Southern favorite that is perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal. The catfish fillets are coated in a spicy and flavorful flour mixture and then fried to golden brown perfection. The result is a crispy and savory treat that is sure to satisfy your craving for comfort food. Serve these fried catfish with a side of hush puppies, coleslaw, or fries for a complete and satisfying dinner.